Deep fold due to sagging, nipples sitting low on the breast, and pointing downward are good candidates for breast lift procedure. The breast lift procedure makes the breast look fuller, reduces sagging, and brings nipples to a youthful position. The process involves raising the breasts through the removal of any extra skin. Also known as a mastopexy, breast lift makes the area around the breasts more taught, to support the breast properly. Patients will not be allowed to do any heavy lifting for four to six weeks following surgery.
Breast lift surgeries have become popular in recent years with a 70% growth. Breast Lift / Reduction is often done as a standalone procedure. However, it can be combined with other procedures like Tummy Tuck as a part of the popular Mommy Makeover package.
Many women opt to have breast lift surgery in Mexico because of its reasonable approach as well as a lower overall cost. Mexico Cosmetic Center, a health travel agency, can recommend a series of qualified, skilled & board-certified surgeons and certified hospitals to have a breast lift procedure at
Male Breast Reduction or Gynecomastia, reduction of over-developed or enlarged breasts in men, involves surgical removal of the glandular breast tissue or the excess fatty deposits.
After choosing your doctor, you will have an initial consultation in order to discuss your options and to make sure you’re a good candidate for the procedure. You will be asked about your medical history as well as your current physical conditions. Any questions or concerns will be addressed at this time. You also will be told if any pre-operative tests are required for this particular procedure.
Cost of Breast Lifts in Mexico
Please contact Mexico Cosmetic Center at 1(916)224-9611 to get a direct quote for your procedure! The cost includes all surgery costs, hospital stay, prescription medications, follow-up, and nurse visits. Hotel stays and travel to and from the hospital do not appear in the quoted price. The procedure is most likely not covered by health insurance as it is considered elective.
Preparing for Breast Lift Surgery
If you smoke, you must quit before the surgery as it impedes healing. You may also ask to stop taking specific herbal supplements or medications before your procedure. Make sure that you ask any questions you have before the procedure, so you have no surprises throughout your breast lift journey.
How Breast Lift Surgery is Performed
Breast reduction reduces the size and weight of large, heavy, sagging breasts reaching to waistline by removing excess breast tissue, fat, and sagging & stretched skin. The procedure makes the breasts smaller, lighter, and firmer and lifts it to a more flattering height with nipples to a youthful position for a more aesthetically pleasing contour.
The appropriate technique used for each patient will depend on the size and position of their areolas, their breast shape and size, the degree of sagging, and the skin quality as well as the amount of extra skin.
Breast Lift/Reduction Options:
The incision patterns and techniques used in breast lift surgery:
– Liposuction or Scarless – It uses minimal scarring to do the lift.
– “Crescent” – The incision is made only along the upper half of the areola (crescent-shaped).
– Benelli or “Donut” – The incision is made only around the perimeter of the areola.
– Vertical or “Lollipop” – The incision is made around the areola, vertically down from the areola to the crease.
– Inverted-T or “Anchor” – The incision is made around the areola, vertically down from the areola to the crease, and along the crease.
Anesthesia is administered, whether general anesthesia or intravenous sedation. Next, incisions are made around the areola (with a particular approach to mind). After incisions are made, the underlying breast tissue is reshaped and lifted to improve firmness and breast contour. The nipple and areola are also repositioned to a natural height. Excess breast skin can also be removed in cases where elasticity has been lost.
After this is done, the remaining skin is tightened, and incisions are placed. Sometimes incision lines are concealed in the contours of the breasts; however, in some instances, this cannot be achieved. Some women want the smallest scar possible. However, a plastic surgeon will recommend an approach related to your anatomy. Do not diminish your result for an incision that may not work best with your body. Often Sutures are layered deep within the breast tissue to support and create newly-shaped and defined breasts. Skin adhesives, sutures, and surgical tape may all be used to close the skin tightly and securely.
Pre and Post Operative Care
– No Aspirin, Aspirin products, medications containing Ibuprofen or vitamin E for one week before the surgery
– No birth control pills at least two weeks before the surgery
– No smoking at least four weeks before the surgery
– No alcoholic beverages at least three days before the surgery
– Light meal the night before surgery and nothing after midnight, not even water
– Bathe the night before or the morning of the surgery
– Brush your teeth without swallowing any water
– Keep at least one short nail without polish
– No pantyhose, high heels, or many layers of clothing – wear casual or loose-fitting clothes
You may experience swelling for a few weeks. Your recovery time will depend on the extent of your surgery and how physically fit you are. If you are in good condition, you can enjoy a faster recovery time. Some patients can return to light activity, including work, after about one or two weeks.
– The surgeon may place drains to help remove fluid that oozes out after surgery, allowing you to heal faster
– You will need to wear a compression garment to provide stability and minimize swelling to result in a smooth, compact breast shape
– Drink plenty of fluids and keep hydrated
– Avoid fatty foods or carbonated, alcoholic beverages for the first few days
– Eat easily digested foods like Jell-O and soup
– Walk around after surgery to encourage blood flow and healing
– You can get a lymphatic massage to expedite the healing process 4 to 6 weeks after surgery
– No heavy lifting or doing weight-bearing exercises for 4-6 weeks
– Sponge bathe only
Recovery of Breast Lifts
Recovery takes several weeks. However, many patients return to work just a week after surgery with care to movement. Follow-up appointments are necessary to ensure you’re healing correctly and are getting the results you desire.
Risks of Breast Lifts
Some risks associated with breast lift surgery include bleeding, infection, fluid accumulation, fat necrosis, hematoma formation, poor or delayed healing, and the need for revisional surgery. If you experience any complications, consult your American physician immediately to be treated.
We personalize breast reduction/lift to your needs to help you improve your beautiful body image. Contact us to learn more about this rewarding procedure to alleviate your physical and emotional discomfort and boost your self-confidence from our Mexican Board Certified Cosmetic Surgeons.