Mommy makeover preparations help guide patients to not only plan for surgery but to excel through results and recovery. Here are some tips to prepare for a mommy makeover.
Most plastic or cosmetic surgeons will require;
- Blood tests, lab testing, medical evaluation
- Quit smoking (usually 30+ day in advance)
- Avoid all NSAIDS, aspirin, anti-inflammatory medications, and supplements that may cause blood thinning or excess bleeding.
- Find out which medications to stop taking from your surgeon.
Planning for Success
To properly prepare yourself for success after mommy makeover, there are a few guidelines to follow:
- Get in the habit of exercising and following a workout routine before surgery.
- Be healthy and eat better. Start a healthier lifestyle especially eating habits.
- Quit smoking
- If you had weight loss surgery, wait until you are comfortable with the amount of weight you have lost before undergoing surgery. If you begin losing more weight after your mommy makeover, there’s a greater chance in seeing negative results over time.
- Understand the recovery process
- Get help from a friend!
The recovery process for plastic surgery procedures like the mommy makeover is much more serious than weight loss surgery. It takes time, typically around 2+ weeks and varies by each individual.
Remember it is important to follow all post-op instructions from your surgeon to achieve a fast and safe recovery. You know your body the best, so do not hesitate to contact an advice nurse or physician with any questions or concerns. We pride ourselves on patient safety and are here for you, and with you, throughout your recovery journey!