Mommy MakeOver (MMO) is one of the most popular and cost-effective surgeries in Mexico. MMO preparations help guide patients to not only plan for surgery but to excel through results and recovery. Here are some tips to prepare for a mommy makeover.
Mommy MakeOver usually consists of multiple procedures, like Tummy Tuck (TT) / Lipo and Breast Lift, to restore body shape.
- Blood tests, lab testing, medical evaluation – Hemoglobin levels
- Quit smoking (usually 30+ day in advance)
- Avoid all NSAIDs, aspirin, anti-inflammatory medications, and supplements that may cause blood thinning or excess bleeding.
- Find out which medications to stop taking from your surgeon.
As a rule of thumb, MMO candidates need to have a BMI of 30 or less (BMI of 34 or less if bariatric patient). It is essential to stay your ideal weight for this operation.
Planning for Success
To well prepare yourself for success after a mommy makeover, there are a few guidelines to follow:
- Get in the habit of exercising and following a workout routine before surgery.
- Be healthy and eat better. Start a healthier lifestyle especially eating habits.
- Quit smoking
- If you had weight loss surgery, wait until you are comfortable with the amount of weight you have lost before undergoing surgery. If you begin losing more weight after your mommy makeover, there’s a greater chance of seeing negative results over time.
- Understand the recovery process
- Get help from a friend! Companion is a great help to get to the bathroom or prepare your meal…
The recovery process for plastic surgery procedures like the mommy makeover is much more serious than weight loss surgery. Don’t expect a rapid recovery. It takes time, typically around 2+ weeks, and varies by each individual. Wear loose clothes to help with the swelling.
Remember, it is important to follow all post-op instructions from your surgeon to achieve a fast and safe recovery. You know your body the best, so do not hesitate to contact an advice nurse or physician with any questions or concerns. We pride ourselves on patient safety and are here for you, and with you, throughout your recovery journey!