Plastic surgery has the ability to improve one’s body part in how it looks. When done correctly, it can transform lives for the better and bring the results one wants. On the other hand, when done incorrectly, it can give a completely different result than you first expected.
Not everyone is born with amazing looks, but with the advanced medical technology the surgeons have access to today, we can change the way one looks with plastic surgery
A lot of people don’t take into consideration the expertise when choosing a plastic surgeon. This results in them not getting the results they were looking for. This can either be the surgeon doesn’t have enough experience or the technology they use is so outdated. The worst part is they have to live with the results they don’t want for the rest of their life.
If you are looking for the best plastic surgeons in Mexico, check out our list of top Tijuana Plastic Surgeons for all your aesthetic procedures.
Why Selecting the Best Plastic Surgeon Matters
We will disclose here why choosing the best plastic surgeon should be your #1 priority. Before choosing your surgeon, you must also do careful research on whether they use the most current technology, clean and full-service hospital, legit company brand, etc. This is your looks that we are talking about here.
Mexico Cosmetic Center has one of the top-rated plastic surgeons in the world. Make sure they have performed over 2,000+ successful surgeries and always use up-to-date medical technology. They even provide pre/post-op diet, hotel stay, and hospital stay, doctors and nutritionists to help you with what you need, nurse visits during recovery in the hotel, and private transportation to places you need to go. All you have to do is book your flight or drive to San Diego, CA.
Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon – WHat is the difference?
While deciding on which body parts to perform surgery, the patient should know what is a cosmetic surgeon and a plastic surgeon. This is because they are not the same thing and both surgeons perform different things.
Plastic surgeons have a specialty in reconstructive procedures and correcting the functionality of the body. Most plastic surgeons are experienced in cosmetic surgery as well, which cosmetic surgeons don’t have the required training and experience to do both. Plastic surgery is more a matter of “necessity” and “functionality” while cosmetic surgery is a matter of “wanting” and “elective” by nature.
Plastic surgeons are much more experienced due to their training and expertise in dealing with uncertainty, unexpected outcomes, and last-second emergency. They typically have three years of training in plastic and reconstructive surgery and are capable of performing breast reconstruction, facial and body defects due to birth disorders, trauma, burn repair, along cosmetic surgery procedures as well. They also have a huge responsibility, as the permanent and future looks of a patient lies in their hands.
Cosmetic surgery focuses on aesthetic features and surgeries that enhance your appearance. They generally specialize in overall symmetry and body proportions, performing procedures including breast enhancement, face and body contouring, and skin rejuvenation. Cosmetic surgeons usually have only one year of requirements for training in their field. They cannot perform the surgeries that a plastic surgeon has as they are much less qualified and experienced.
How to Choose a Plastic Surgeon?
When choosing a surgeon, it is best to find out if they are board-certified, male or female, and how many procedures they perform a day.
Many people tend to undermine how many procedures the surgeon performs a day. Obviously, the more procedures the surgeon performs a day, the more fatigue they can get. This can result in lower quality surgery performance. The general rule of thumb for surgeries performed per day is 2-3.
They can only get board-certified once they passed this exam licensed by the government. This exam involves them taking a series of trials and tests and has gained recognition by the government for their work.
Our website provides a list of certified plastic and cosmetic surgeons in Mexico. Please note that one should still do their research to choose the one that best fits them.
Mexico Cosmetic Center
At Mexico Cosmetic Center®, we make our patients our number one priority by helping them give the transformations that they want. We have some of the best and world-class surgeons that excel in their field. Mexico Cosmetic Center is where top-rated surgeons are found.
Plastic surgeons working with MCC have been acknowledged by the Mexican government and all over the world for their accomplishments. Most qualified plastic doctors perform surgeries in top hospital facilities in Tijuana and other cities in Mexico. Our patients are at ease and enjoy the all-inclusive packages that cover the surgeon fees, hospital fees, hotel stay, nurse visits, garment, and transportation.
Start your journey by filling out a health questionnaire to get approved for plastic or cosmetic surgery.
5 Best Tijuana Plastic Surgeons
1. Dr. Joaquin Ayala
Dr. Joaquin Ayala is a well-known board-certified plastic surgeon in Tijuana, Mexico. He is recognized for his kind heart and always checking up on patients after their surgery. Dr. Ayala specializes in plastic surgery for patients after their weight loss surgery. He has extensive training with top plastic surgeons in Brazil.
- Wide range of knowledge from mommy makeover to liposuction
- Accredited Member of the Mexican Council of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- An active member of the Mexican Association of Plastic, Aesthetic, and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Known for his facelift procedure
2. Dr. Ariel Nieblas
Dr. Ariel Nieblas is a board-certified plastic surgeon that has performed hundreds of surgeries. While he excels in a wide variety of plastic surgeries, Dr. Nieblas is famous for his mommy makeovers and post-bariatric procedures. He is considered by many as an artist in the field of cosmetic surgery.
- Graduated from Medical School at Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara
- 3 years of working experience at the Mexican Institute of Social Security
- 3 years of private practice as part of the Plastic and Aesthetic surgery medical staff
- Board-certified by the Mexican Council of Aesthetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery (CMCPER).
- Has participated in Multiple National and International courses and meetings of Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Known for his low complication rates and high success rates
3. Dr. Irving Rodriguez
Dr. Irving Rodriguez is a board-certified plastic surgeon known for his expertise in both plastic and cosmetic surgeries. Dr. Rodriguez always studies and practices new innovations to manage the best possible results.
- A member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- A member of Asociacion Mexicana de Cirugia Plastica, Estetica Y Reconstructiva, A.C.
- Graduated from Medical: Universidad Autonoma de Baja California, Faculty of Medicine, 2006
- Received (Honors) and accredited with (Professional Certificate # 6057880)
- English speaking doctors and medical staff
- Only works with medical equipment approved by the FDA
4. DR. EULICES FRAYRE
Dr. Eulices Frayre is an experienced surgeon performing plastic and reconstructive surgeries as well as bariatrics in Tijuana, Mexico. Practicing cosmetic surgery for over 8 years, Dr. Frayre’s goal is to bring the most advanced and safest techniques to each of his procedures.
- Graduated from Centro de Estudios Universitarios Xochicalco medical school, 2001
- Graduated as a cosmetic surgeon in 2012
- Medical Director at a Tijuana Medical Spa since 2007
- Attended medical school a the Center for University Studies, Hochicalco Campus, Tijuana, Mexico, from 1999 to 2001
5. Dr. Omar Cabrera
Dr. Omar Cabrera is a board-certified seasoned plastic surgeon operating in Guadalajara as well as Tijuana. He specializes in face lifts.
- International Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Active Member of the Mexican Association of Aesthetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, AC
- Member of the Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery of the IMSS
- Member of the Society of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery of the West, AC
- Graduated from the University of Guadalajara
Why You Should Choose a Plastic Surgeon in Tijuana, Mexico
As mentioned above, choosing the best cosmetic surgeon is very important. Luckily, the best plastic surgeons are located in Tijuana, Mexico. Many of them are board-certified and have many years of experience. Please note that being board-certified is not an award given to every surgeon once they have successfully graduated in their medical school or have multiple awards.
Ask Mexico Cosmetic Center expert coordinators to help you choose the right plastic surgeon for you for peace of mind!
References: American Board of Cosmetic Surgery