Plastic surgery has the ability to improve one’s body part in how it looks. Not everyone is born with amazing looks, but with the advanced medical technology the surgeons have access to today, we can change the way one looks with plastic surgery. When done correctly, it can transform lives for the better and bring the results one wants. On the other hand, when done incorrectly, it can give a completely different result than you first expected. The worst part is they have to live with the results they don’t want for the rest of their life.
A lot of people don’t take into consideration their expertise when choosing a plastic surgeon. This results in them not getting the results they were looking for; either the surgeon doesn’t have enough experience, or the technology they use is so outdated. Mexico Cosmetic Center® has assembled a network of highly qualified aesthetic and reconstructive surgeons in Mexico in one place.
If you are looking for the best plastic surgeons in Mexico, check out our list of top Tijuana Plastic Surgeons for all your aesthetic procedures.
Why Selecting the Best Plastic Surgeon Matters
We will disclose here why choosing the best plastic surgeon should be your #1 priority. Before choosing your surgeon, you must also do careful research on whether they use the most current technology, clean and full-service hospital, legit company brand, etc. This is the looks that we are talking about here.
Mexico Cosmetic Center has one of the top-rated plastic surgeons in the world. Ensure they have performed over 2,000+ successful surgeries and always use up-to-date medical technology. They even provide pre/post-op diet, hotel stay, and hospital stay, doctors and nutritionists to help you with what you need, nurse visits during recovery in the hotel, and private transportation to places you need to go. All you have to do is book your flight or drive to San Diego, CA.
Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon
What is the difference? While deciding on which body parts to perform surgery on, the patient should know what cosmetic and plastic surgeons are. This is because they are not the same thing, and both surgeons perform different things.
Plastic surgeons have a specialty in reconstructive procedures and correcting the body’s functionality. Most plastic surgeons are experienced in cosmetic surgery as well, but cosmetic surgeons don’t have the required training and experience to do both. Plastic surgery is more a matter of “necessity” and “functionality,” while cosmetic surgery is a matter of “wanting” and “elective” by nature.
Plastic surgeons are much more experienced due to their training and expertise in dealing with uncertainty, unexpected outcomes, and last-second emergencies. They typically have three years of practice in plastic and reconstructive surgery. They are capable of performing breast reconstruction, facial and body defects due to birth disorders, trauma, burn repair, along cosmetic surgery procedures as well. They also have a huge responsibility, as the permanent and future looks of a patient lie in their hands.
Cosmetic surgery focuses on aesthetic features and surgeries that enhance your appearance. They generally specialize in overall symmetry and body proportions, performing procedures including breast enhancement, face and body contouring, and skin rejuvenation. Cosmetic surgeons usually have only one year of requirements for training in their field. They cannot perform the surgeries that a plastic surgeon has as they are much less trained and experienced.
How to Choose a Plastic Surgeon?
When choosing a surgeon, it is best to find out if they are board-certified, male or female, and how many procedures they perform daily.
Many people tend to undermine how many procedures the surgeon performs a day. Obviously, the more procedures the surgeon performs daily, the more fatigue they can get. This can result in lower-quality surgery performance. The general rule of thumb for surgeries performed per day is 2-3.
They can only get board-certified once they pass this exam licensed by the government. This exam involves them taking a series of trials and tests and has gained recognition from the government for their work.
Our website provides a list of certified plastic and cosmetic surgeons in Mexico. Please note that one should still do their research to choose the one that best fits them.
Mexico Cosmetic Center
At Mexico Cosmetic Center®, we make our patients our number one priority by helping them give the transformations that they want. We have some of the best and most world-class surgeons who excel in their field. Mexico Cosmetic Center is where top-rated surgeons are found.
Plastic surgeons working with MCC have been acknowledged by the Mexican government and all over the world for their accomplishments. Most competent plastic doctors perform surgeries in top hospital facilities in Tijuana and other cities in Mexico. Our patients are at ease and enjoy the all-inclusive packages covering surgeon fees, hospital fees, hotel stays, nurse visits, garments, and transportation.
Start your journey by filling out a health questionnaire to get approved for plastic or cosmetic surgery.
4 Best Plastic Surgeons in Mexico
We match you with the best available surgeon for the procedure you are asking for at that time.**
1. DR. LUIS Eduardo Guerrero
Dr. Luis Guerrero is an aesthetic and reconstructive board-certified surgeon in Tijuana, Mexico. Dr. Guerrero is an excellent choice for a facelift procedure as he uses his unique techniques to give you a younger look. He is also an expert in nose surgery (rhinoplasty) with many years of experience, including working with Dr. Hactor Milla in the TJ Plast group.
- Graduated from Universidad La Salle with honors
- He underwent his university, specialty, and subspecialty training in Mexico City, along with training programs in countries like Brazil, Australia, and the United States
- Worked at General Surgery Specialty, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM) after graduation
- Board-certified by the Mexican Council of Plastic, Aesthetic, and Reconstructive Surgery (CMCPER)
- Specializes in facial, buttock surgery, and body contouring
- His dedication lies in the safety of his patients
2. Dr. Carlos Illich Navarro
Dr. Carlos Illich Navarro is a triple board-certified plastic surgeon in Tijuana, Mexico. Dr. Navarro is an excellent choice for mommy makeovers such as tummy tuck, breast lift, and arm lift. He moved from Mexico City to Tijuana to serve the medical tourists coming to get VIP treatment at affordable prices.
- Completed an 8-year medical training program at one of the country’s most prominent hospitals
- Achieved dual postgraduate qualifications, both recognized by UNAM University, including a specialized program in Microsurgery
- Became a postgraduate professor
- Medical Doctor’s License by the Instituto Politécnico Nacional, Cédula Profesional
- Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgeon Certificate by the Consejo Mexicano de Cirugía Plastica, Estetica y Reconstructiva
- Contributed to a book edition titled “Life Goes On: Testimonies of Pride and Courage in Confronting Breast Cancer.”
- Candidate for International ASPS membership (2022)
3. Dr. Joaquin Ayala
Dr. Joaquin Ayala is a well-known board-certified plastic surgeon in Tijuana, Mexico. He is recognized for his kind heart and for always checking up on patients after surgery. Dr. Ayala specializes in plastic surgery for patients after their weight loss surgery. He has extensive training with top plastic surgeons in Brazil.
- Wide range of knowledge from mommy makeovers to liposuction
- Accredited Member of the Mexican Council of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- An active Mexican Association of Plastic, Aesthetic, and Reconstructive Surgery member.
- He is known for his facelift procedure
4. Dr. Ariel Nieblas
Dr. Ariel Nieblas is a board-certified plastic surgeon who has performed hundreds of surgeries. While he excels in a wide variety of plastic surgeries, Dr. Nieblas is famous for his mommy makeovers and post-bariatric procedures. He is considered by many as an artist in the field of cosmetic surgery.
- Graduated from Medical School at Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara
- Three years of working experience at the Mexican Institute of Social Security
- Three years of private practice as part of the Plastic and Aesthetic surgery medical staff
- Board-certified by the Mexican Council of Aesthetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery (CMCPER).
- Has participated in Multiple National and International courses and Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery meetings.
- He is known for his low complication rates and high success rates
Why a Certified Surgeon
As mentioned above, choosing the best cosmetic surgeon is very important. Luckily, the best surgeons who are licensed to perform plastic surgery are located in Tijuana, Mexico. Many of them are board-certified and have many years of experience. Please note that being board-certified is not an award given to every surgeon once they have successfully graduated from their medical school or have multiple awards.
Not all plastic surgeons are qualified to operate on all parts of the body. Surgeons whose specialty is facelifts may not be good at performing body lifts and vice versa. Ask Mexico Cosmetic Center expert coordinators to help you choose the right plastic surgeon for you for peace of mind!